Executive, Wellbeing and Leadership Coach
My purpose in coaching is to be a catalyst for the development of people’s inherent capacity to lead themselves and others by first understanding themselves, and by developing awareness of emotional intelligence.
I am informed by my own journey through clinical practice, corporate leadership roles, coaching and wellbeing/ mindfulness training. My philosophy lies in exploring the “fully human” approach.
I have coached leaders in The Competition Commission, Nampak, Nelson Mandela University, Roche Diagnostics, The DTI, Arcellor- Mittal as well as students at The Coaching Centre
I am an associate coach and member of faculty at the TCC, I have also been a facilitator of Wellness and Health workshops
- Leadership and Strategy
- Training and development
- Organisational Change Management
- Medical marketing
- Mindfulness Based Interventions including Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (University of Stellenbosch/IMISA)
Ashika’s coaching and facilitation methodology is centred on The Integral Approach.
She believes that personal wellbeing and personal leadership comes by making choice from awareness.
She also uses Mindfulness-based methodologies as a means of gaining emotional awareness and regulation, to manage relationship/team management, and to gain tools for personal resilience and leadership.
Qualifications and Training
- Ashika completed her studies as a medical doctor at the University of the Witwatersrand in 1996.
- Medical Manager and Medical Director at Roche Pharmaceuticals,
- MBA at GIBS (University of Pretoria)
- Certificate in Integrative Medicine at the University of Stellenbosch in 2013.
- Diploma in Practitioner Coaching through the Coaching Centre in 2015.
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Interventions at the University of Stellenbosch
- HeartMath certification
- Member of South African Medical Association and Medical Protection Societies
- Registered with the HPCSA as a General Practitioner
- Member of South African Society for Integrative Medicine
- Faculty member of The Coaching Centre
- Board Member Institute for Mindfulness of South Africa
- Member of HeartMath Coach community
- Accredited as an Associate Certified Coach and Member of the International Coaching Federation
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”