Consultant | Credentialed Coach | Coach Supervisor | TIFF Provider | Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator
I spent the first 2 decades of my professional life as a pilot and instructor in the South African Air Force (SAAF), flying over 3500 hours a range of helicopters and training aircraft. I was privileged to contribute to society by flying numerous rescue missions, humanitarian work, aerial fire-fighting and security work inside and outside South Africa. I have amassed over 1000 hours flying instruction. The highlight of my aviation career was the 4 years I spent in the SAAF formation aerobatic team as both the number 3 pilot and lead pilot. My experience of leadership, training and mentoring in the SAAF lead me to pursue my passion for psychology and coaching.
I thrive in and am fluent in
bringing stability and resolution
to high-stress, complex situations
As coach and supervisor, I use a co-active model and Transactional Analysis (TA) as my theoretical framework to understand and develop and people. I value freedom of choice, freedom from suffering, learning from experience, acceptance, interdependence, autonomy and quality of relationships. My approach is to actively reframe concerns and fears into positively stated, desired and realistic outcomes. I encourage people to reconnect with their best selves and transform that energy into lived reality.
My clients are corporate leaders looking to take their personal and professional lives that one step further, by transforming perspectives and thinking.
I work towards specific long and short-term goals with corporate individuals and groups. Focusing on relationship and communication skills, I ensure personal and business goals are reached and surpassed.
Face to face and online services-
- Facilitation: Tailor-made Appreciative Inquiry (AI) processes for large and medium-sized businesses. AI creates effective teams with sustainable energy, motivation and effectiveness.
- Leadership development: using TIFF (Temple Index of Functional Fluency) and/or coaching. TIFF is used to gain self-awareness and transformation in individuals and groups.
- Coaching: Transactional Analysis (TA) as a theoretical framework. TA is a globally employed model for understanding and developing organisations’ culture and structure, people’s thinking, feeling and behaviour. It assumes the positive potential and inherent value of people, is forward-moving and positively focused.
Coach Supervision for Internal and External Coaches
- enhance your coaching and professional development through self-review and action
- a confidential and supportive space
- resolve unhelpful patterns in coach/client relationships
- advance professional ethics and practice
- meet professional coaching body requirements
International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA)
- Board of Trustees (Representative for Africa)
- Ethics Committee Co-Chair
- Membership sub-committee
South African Transactional Analysis Association (SATAA 056-402-NPO)
- Executive Committee (Vice Chair)
Coaches and Mentors South Africa (COMENSA)
- Western Cape Chapter Executive Committee (Vice Chair)
- COMENSA Supervision Portfolio Committee
- ICF Associate Certified Coach, (ACC)
- COMENSA Credentialed Coach, (CCP)
- Certificate of Coaching (2009, Coaching Development Ltd)
- Diploma in Coach Supervision- in progress (Coaching Development Ltd)
- Education Technology 1 (EdTech 1) by SANDF College of Education and Training
- Qualified military pilot and Flying Instructor (A1) on helicopters and aircraft (SAAF Reserve Force)