As a Certified Integral Master Coach™, I draw from a rich tapestry of methodologies to develop a customized approach for each unique client.
With formal qualifications in psychology, mental health and business I have, over the past 15 years, focused my professional development in Coaching and Facilitation and have studied with both Integral Coaching Canada and the Tavistock Consultancy in the UK.
Examples of current and recent clients include Investec Private Bank, Coronation Fund Managers, UCT Graduate School of Business, Red Cross Children’s Hospital, The Clothing Bank, Johnson & Johnson International and South Africa, Old Mutual and Tourvest Travel Services. I coach on a number of Executive Development Programmes and Women in Leadership Programmes with clients in South Africa and other African countries, the Middle East and Europe.
My preference is to coach individuals in leadership roles who are at a point in their career and personal life where they are asking questions of themselves that can be addressed in a coaching relationship. I am inspired by the growth and change I facilitate in individuals. My clients respect me for creating a safe and open space that enables them to achieve outcomes that deeply matter.
Rooted in my own commitment to living with personal integrity and authenticity, as a coach my aim is to enable people to grow and advance the health, meaning and integrity of their lives, in and outside the workplace.
I am originally from the West Coast of Canada and have been a permanent South African resident living in Cape Town for the past 14 years. I am a mother of two young daughters and am married to a South African. In my free time I enjoy trail running, yoga, hiking, reading and exploring poetry and music. I am passionate about travel and am energized by exploring new places. My intention is to, as much as possible, maintain a healthy balance in my life and in so doing to share that with others.
Education, Training and Professional Membership
- Certified Integral Master Coach™, Integral Coaching Canada, Ottawa, Canada (2012)
- International Coach Federation (ICF) – Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Masters in Business Administration, Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town (2002). Abby completed a thesis entitled “Are the International Coach Federation Professional Standards Appropriate for South Africa?”
- BSc. Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (1998). As an Occupational Therapist Abby focused on adult mental health and has worked in clinical, private, educational and community settings in Canada and the UK. Abby was a faculty member at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
- BSc. Psychology, University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada (1995).
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) (developed at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre) (2010)
- Certified Enneagram practitioner, Adfen International, South Africa (2010)
- Certificate in Executive Coaching, Tavistock Consultancy Service, United Kingdom (2005).
- 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training (2015)