Alexa’s passion is ‘helping people help themselves’ and as such she enriches and enhances her client’s development via a focused and challenging approach.
A seasoned consultant, her extensive experience spans over fifteen years in corporate wellness and special HR projects (Project Noah for SAB retrenchees, and the Village Power Community Development Project), before moving to the role of National Organisational Health Consultant in the FMCG industry for an international brewing company. She has eight years working experience as an independent consultant, facilitator and coach in various industries in South Africa, Zambia, Uganda and Tanzania.
Her approach to coaching is not about solving her client’s problems, or rescuing them! Instead, she engages, enables and empowers her clients to find new possibilities, insights, answers and opportunities for themselves.
Alexa contracts with her clients on three different levels to enable them to unleash new possibilities for themselves:
By co-creating a vision and purpose with them. This feeds into her clients discovering new insights, directions, possibilities and growth both at a personal and work level which enables them to move forward.
As their challenger, she continuously questions their assumptions, perceptions and long standing patterns of behaviour, and challenges their current position to ensure that they stay on track and move to action.
As their accountability partner, she holds her clients accountable by providing them with information, support and encouragement in a safe environment whilst they traverse and progress on their journey.
Areas of Expertise
- Face-to-face Coaching
- Group Facilitation
- Leadership Development Facilitation
- Building line managers as coaches and direct reports as coachees
- Consulting in Corporate Wellness
- Change & Relationship Building
- PeopleSmart - Lafarge SA (Nationally), Uganda, Zambia & Tanzania; Richard Bay Minerals and IMERYS SA (Nationally)
- De Graaf Tyres
- Ndawo Wellness - Sanral
- Integrated Wellness Services - SEATING
- ICAS – Transnet, ABSA
- Careways – Life Hospital
- Private coaching clients
- Professional Coaching Course (Integral Coaching), Centre for Coaching, UCT Business School (2016).
- Associate Coaching Course (Integral Coaching), Centre for Coaching, UCT Business School (2015).
- HIV/AIDS Counselling and Management Certificate, Boston College (2010).
- National Diploma: Office Administration, Cape Technikon, Cape Town (1991).
- Member of COMENSA