Registered Industrial Psychologist / Member of the Global Coaching Partnership and COMENSA / Fellow: Institute of Directors of SA / Membership of IGCCP (Interest Group in Coaching and Counselling Psychology)
“The Da Vinci Mandala Research Award” for applying the principles of Systems Thinking in his PhD research: The Mandala is a symbol of integrating different parts into a synthesized archetype of subjective truth. The more we become integrated, or the more a piece of work is integrated, the more authentic it becomes in the strife towards wholeness.
An accomplished and forward thinking Executive Consulting Professional with extensive International experience across diverse industries with focus on Business Leadership and Development, Executive Coaching, Organisational Development and Management Consulting.
On a personal level, Dr du Plessis demonstrates his passion for family, his community, development and staying fit. He participated in most major canoe races, and will soon be publishing his first book entitled: ‘Unleashing the Spirit of the Corporate Leader.’
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- +3000 hours one on one leadership coaching over the last 15 years
- 180+ days of team coaching over the last 17 years
- Leadership assessments and development over 25 years
- 25 days International consulting days in 2017
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND SPECIALISATION
- Global Executive Leadership Growth:
Executive one on one, teams and groups coaching (enhanced business performance, culture change and influencing effectively on executive / board level).
- Organisational Development / Psychology:
Organisational culture assessment and growth through engagement and leadership.
- Future Leaders Growth:
Develop High Potentials / Facilitate Career Transition. Leadership assessments, support and development (increased self-insight, understanding own potential and focus).
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
PhD in Management of Technology & Innovation
Da Vinci Institute, 2015
Postgraduate Certificate in Practitioner Coaching
University of Middlesex, London, UK, 2009
Master of Arts (Industrial and Personnel Psychology)
University of Potchefstroom, 1996
Trainers Development Programme
Wits Technikon (CTU), 1990
Bachelor of Arts Honours (Industrial and Personnel Psychology)
University of Potchefstroom, 1989
1996 – Present
Rean du Plessis & Associates (Pty) Ltd t/a Authentic Leadership
Managing Director; Registered Industrial Psychologist
1999 – Present
Change Partners Coaching (Pty) Ltd
Partner and Executive Coach (1-1, Team and Organisation)
2015 – 9/2017 - Director
1996 – 2001
Sanlam and Developing Private Practice
Financial Advisor and Industrial Psychologist
1988 – 1995
Anglo American: Vaal Reefs Exploration & Mining Company
1995 – 1996: Intern Industrial Psychologist
1993 – 1995: Senior Training & Development Officer
1988 – 1992: Personnel Officer
1986 – 1988: Two year Personnel Trainee Scheme
LATEST ASSIGNMENTS / PROJECTS
- Saudi Arabia Saline Water Conversion Company (SWCC) leadership profile and cultural profile assessment – current project.
- Syngenta Global Leadership Programme – current project.
- Glencore Coal leadership and strategy alignment with COO and GM teams and the creation of a culture of safe performance excellence – continuous project.
- NERSA (National Energy Regulator of SA) One on one and team coaching with leadership team.
- Kumba Iron Ore, Sishen Mine – Leadership and Coaching Culture engagement.
- Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC). Mining Industry Research Project on enhancing Leadership and Diversity towards Zero Harm. Engaging with the Chamber of Mines, Unions and Associations, Department of Minerals and Employers.
- Botswana Power Corporation Assessment of Executive Team.
- Lonmin Platinum working with CEO and the top 22 leaders using Du Pont’s one on one team coaching to create a Culture of Zero Harm
- One on one coaching – Barclays Kenia, MTN Nigeria, SABIC Saudi Arabia, Baker Hughes and several local assignments, Monsanto, Transnet, Glencore Coal, MAN, Suse, Compare, Liberty Life, Department of Science and Technology, Presidency (DPME) etc.
- Team coaching assignments – SRK Consulting, Goldfields Ghana, MAN, Vodacom, VOLVO, Department of Environmental Affairs, SARB etc.
REAN DU PLESSIS & ASS t/a AUTHENTIC LEADERSHIP
Responsibilities as Managing Director:
- Organisational Psychology
- Executive Leadership Assessments
- Du Pont Senior Consultant on Leadership and Safety Culture
- Management Consulting
CHANGE PARTNERS COACHING (PTY) LTD
Responsibilities as Director / Partner:
- Executive Coaching
- Responsible for group and team interventions
- Organisational / Executive Interventions
SUMMARY OF PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Business Development
- Leadership Assessment, Mentorship Schemes and Leadership Development Programmes
- Executive Search and Recruitment
- Financial Advisor on a “part time” basis
- All aspects of Human Resources including Assessment, Manning, Recruitment, Training Design, Time and Attendance, Industrial Relations
- Warden, Clerical work, EEC research on Psychopaths, Observation and Classification of Long Term Prisoners.
More details regarding previous experience gained, achievements and references can be disclosed if need be.