I am an Executive Manager of Metaco, a specialist leadership development consultancy which is a subsidiary of the Comair Group, part of its growth strategy to diversify its services beyond aviation into other key industries. The development of effective leadership and aligned teams has been identified by Comair as central to its own success and crucial for the future of any organization, irrespective of context.
Working at the interface between strategy, organizational culture and leadership development, our systemic focus is on enabling high-performing, networked teams and leaders which are aligned with the needs of their stakeholders and deliver significantly more than the sum of their parts within a learning environment.
Originating from the United Kingdom, I have an extensive background in the international corporate world. Subsequently I turned my attention to the entrepreneurial business environment, and successfully set-up, run and developed a number of business ventures. This has given me a sound understanding of what it takes to succeed in times of rapid and often volatile business environments.
In an increasingly complex world, I assist people whose success depends on their ability to authentically influence, motivate and delegate and who can only achieve results with the support and co-operation of others. My work with teams involves reducing complexity and enabling the collaboration and co-operation that characterises high-performance. My approach is both systemic and eclectic, aligning with the organisational systems of which my coaching client or team is a part to ensure that change is both congruent and sustainable.
I have over 8,000 hours of recorded coaching experience, academic study and extensive practitioner training to my coaching, consulting and facilitation. I hold an MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change through Henley Business School (University of Reading) in the United Kingdom, alongside several recognised practitioner coaching qualifications, including a Master Practitioner Diploma in Systemic Team Coaching. Additionally, I am registered by the SA Board for People Practices as a Master HR Practitioner: Learning and Development.
Besides my work with leaders and leadership teams, I am a qualified coach trainer and supervisor. My focus is on the training and development of accredited internal coaches within organisations, and as faculty on the AoEC/Renewal Associates Systemic Team Coaching Certificate and Diploma programmes which Metaco sponsors in South Africa.
I place great importance on my own continual personal and professional growth and development and am supervised and mentored by Professor Peter Hawkins (Professor of Leadership at Henley Business School in the UK and author of several best-selling books on the topics of leadership, coaching and culture change). Besides this I regularly attend programmes and conferences with international leaders in the fields of coaching and leadership and in this way, ensure that I am always informed by the latest developments in the field.
COMMENTS FROM PAST CLIENTS
“The process has helped me to weather the volatile circumstances we have faced as a company, and to contribute to the company coming out stronger and more focused. Specifically, in designing and rolling out the company sustainability strategy, and building organisational capability”.
(Executive Director, Mining Industry)
“Danny was a careful listener. He was very cognisant of my cultural background as well as my personal and work circumstances, including the dynamics that I face as a woman who is a senior manager in the public service. He was tough (persistent) with me when necessary to ensure that I confronted difficult decisions. He had an extraordinary ability to probe deeper and deeper to ensure that I delved into the 'real' issues that were impairing my growth. Sometimes it felt uncomfortable, but I am grateful that he challenged me since it was part of the process of taking control of my personal and professional life.”
(Executive Manager, Public Service)
I have worked with executives, leaders and teams in the following organisations:
- AngloGold Ashanti
- CBi-Electric: African Cables
- Cummins SA
- Department of Home Affairs
- Hewlett Packard (HP) Business Institute
- Human Sciences Research Council
- Mamoth Financial Services
- Murray & Roberts Group
- National Research Foundation
- The New Forests Company Ltd
- Road Accident Fund
- SA Tourism
- Shanta Gold
- Servest Group
- Standad Bank
- Transnet Freight Rail
- Urban Dynamics
Coaching & Behavioural Change
- Systemic Team Coaching Master Practitioner Diploma – Academy of Executive Coaching, United Kingdom
- Individual & Group Coach Supervison – Bath Consultancy Group, UK (2015)
- MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change – Henley Business School, United Kingdom (2014)
- Neuro-Semantic NLP Master Practitioner Certification: Ericksonian Techniques and Advanced Language Patterns – ISNS
- ACMC - Group and Team Coaching – ISNS
- Associate Certified Meta-Coach (ACMC) – ISNS
- NLP Practitioner Certification - ISNS
Learning & Development
- Master HR Practitioner: Learning & Development – SA Board for People Practices
- Individual & Group Coaching Supervision – Bath Consulting Group, UK
- Neuro-Semantics NLP & Coaching Trainer Certification – ISNS USA
- Identity Compass Profiling – Master Practitioner
- Leadership Circle for Individuals and Teams
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Systemic Team Coaching at Board, Executive, Leadership and Operational levels
- Executive Transformational and Developmental Coaching and Thinking Partnerships
- Leadership Developmental Coaching
- Organizational Culture and Behavioural Change
- Internal and Team Coach Training, Certification & Supervision
ALUMNI, ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Henley Business School, University of Reading, United Kingdom & South Africa
- International Coach Federation (ICF): Practitioner Member
- Coaches & Mentors South Africa (COMENSA): Practitioner Member
- International Society of Neuro-Semantics (ISNS): Accredited Coach and Trainer
- SA Board for People Practices (SABPP): Registered Master HR Professional
- Institute for People Management (IPM)