Dr Rean du Plessis
Organisational Psychologist, Facilitator & Executive Coach
Johannesburg and Pretoria
PhD (Management of Technology & Innovation) Da Vinci Institute, Postgraduate Certificate Practitioner Coaching University of Middlesex, Master of Arts Industrial and Personnel Psychology University of Potchefstroom, ZA, 1996
083 265 9027
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Accomplished and forward-thinking executive leader with extensive international experience facilitating leadership clarity, executive coaching, leadership alignment and strategy, organizational change/development and management consulting across diverse industries. Passionate about unleashing the thought-provoking processes that inspires full development of the unique potential that lies within everyone.
Awarded the “The Da Vinci Mandala Research Award” for applying the principles of Systems Thinking in his PhD research.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND SPECIALIZATION
- Facilitate Leadership Thinking, Clarity, Team Alignment and Strategy: Providing leaders with clarity in today’s disruptive/uncertain world through facilitating leadership conversations on a personal, team & business level towards clarity of direction.
- Global Executive Leadership Growth: Executive one to one, team alignment strategy & group coaching. Enhanced business performance, culture change, Influencing effectively on executive/board level.
- Organisation Development/Psychology: Organisation culture research and growth through engagement and leadership.
- Future Leader’s Growth: Develop high potential/facilitate career transition. Leaderships assessment, support and development (increased self-insight, understanding own potential, clarity and focus).
CURRENT & RECENT PROJECT SUMMARY
- Future Shapers Program/Country Leaders – Global Mining Company/Oil Industry
- Rössing Uranium, Namibia – Leading Change
- Saudi Arabia Saline Water Conversion Company Leadership & Culture Assessment
- Botswana Power Corporation Leadership Assessment
- Du Pont, Pioneer Africa & Mosanto (Bayer) Africa Leadership Team Facilitation
- Kenya Syngenta Leadership Program
- Glencore Coal SA Leadership & Strategy Alignment, Executive Coaching & Research
- Coaching: NERSA (National Energy Regulator of SA), DPME, SAAB, Department of Science and Technology, SARB, SBSA, Lonmin, MTN Nigeria, SABIC Saudi Arabia
- Research: Leadership and Diversity Research for the Mine Health and Safety Council and First Line Managers’ Role
- Team Coaching: Volvo, Vodacom, DEA, SARB, MAN, Glencore, Anglo etc.
- 1996 – Present: Rean du Plessis & Associates t/a Authentic Leadership
(Managing Director | Registered Organisational Psychologist)
- 1999 – 2018: Change Partners Coaching (Pty) Ltd
(Director | Partner | Executive Coach)
- 1996 – 2001: Private Practice & Sanlam
(Industrial Psychologist | Financial Advisor)
- 1985 – 1996: Anglo American: Vaal Reefs
(Leadership Assessment, Training and Development | HR)
- 1980 – 1984: Department of Justice (Prison Services)
(Warden | Psychology | Social Work)
- 3000+ recorded hours one on one leadership Coaching over last 15 years
- 200+ days of team facilitation/ coaching over the last 18 years
- 25 years of leadership assessments and development
- 50 days international coaching/ consulting days in 2018/19
- Member of COMENSA (Coaches and Mentors of SA)
- Member of IoDSA (Institute of Directors of SA)
- Member of IGCCP (Interest Group in Coaching and Counselling Psychology)