business, education, career, life
[Durban and surrounds]
“In most leadership situations, trust, respect and collaboration are simply more effective than pre-emptive domination.” (Stephen Denning, The Leader’s Guide to Storytelling)
This is one-to-one coaching about the demands and needs of the organisation or institution. It requires agreement with the coaching client and the organisation on two key variables:
- What are the key behaviours that will make the most positive change in increased leadership effectiveness?
- Who are the key stakeholders that should determine [in 3, 6 months, 1 year] if this change has occurred?
Market-related with negotiation on individual coaching commitment.
LIFE / CAREER
* “New thoughts can remake you.” (Norman Vincent Peale, The Power of Positive Thinking)
* “It is important to move away from the compartmentalisation of your working and personal life…. The reality is that they are in constant dialogue.” (Corinne Mills, Career Coach)
This is one-to-one coaching on personal or career goals in relationships, family issues, health, creative activity, community engagement, or business.
Life coaching usually follows either the extended journey (1-3 months) or the dilemma, as described below.
Extended Coaching Journey
- In one x 1-hour session a week you, or your team, identify significant, but achievable, goals and chart your way forward to success.
- During an initial obligation-free session, you have the opportunity to find out more about how the coaching process works.
Resolving a Dilemma
Or you might have a specific dilemma on which you need clarity about how you must act. Such sessions – one x 1-hour a week – could involve two or more interactions between you, or your team, and me.
ABOUT MICHAEL CHAPMAN, PHD
- As a University Dean, I led and managed academic, administrative and technical staff at a time of change in South Africa. I mentored staff and students.
- Change also characterised my experience as the director of credit control at a London-based clothing-manufacturing company at the edge of EU integration.
- I am affiliated, as a professor emeritus, to the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- I am a qualified executive, team, and life coach with Results Coaching System.
- I am a member of Comensa (Coaches and Mentors of South Africa).