The International Coach Federation (ICF), the leading global organisation for professional coaching, defines coaching as follows:
“partnering with clients in a thought-provoking process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential”.
Based on this tenet, True North Coaching and Consulting Coaching and Facilitation aims to make it easier for individuals, business units or organisations to actualise their potential knowledge, skills and talents. These are qualities that we all possess in one form or another, but which may lie dormant without the intervention of a professional coach who is able to help people identify and take full advantage of their talents.
Laying the Groundwork
Coaching is a smart methodology for advancing oneself and others so that the leader is more effective and fulfilled. It involves the development of increasing competence and capability in the person being coached. One of the key ways in which this is done is through enabling the individual to notice how their “way of being” either enhances or thwarts what they want to accomplish.
A coaching programme is driven by the individual client's agenda and needs. The coaching is focused on individual’s objectives and what they want to achieve.
With a coach, the individual gains a thinking partner, a coach who will help them think, gain insights, identify what they want (their goals, visions, desired state), their current reality, their options, their obstacles and the actions they can take.
The coach facilitates the individual's learning, enabling them to develop long term excellent performance which is self-generating and self-correcting. Coaching does not encourage dependence, but rather a state in which the individual is self empowered.
With its focus on unleashing latent competencies, coaching looks to the future and works on the assumption that the individual is a whole being who is filled with potential. The coach's role is to empower the individual to explore and release that potential.
Our key objective is to focus attention on actions that both benefit individuals and serve the organisation as a whole. Our coaching programme will enable you to benefit from several tangible skills and outcomes:
- Learn to solve own problems and develop self confidence
- Improve managerial and interpersonal skills
- Have better relationships with colleagues and clients
- Learn how to identify and act on development needs
- Become more effective and assertive in dealing with people
- Have greater self-awareness and gain new perspectives
- Acquire new skills and abilities
- Develop greater adaptability to change
- Improve work-life balance and reduce stress
- Improve productivity, product/service quality, customer service and shareholder value
- Increase employee commitment and satisfaction, which can lead to improved retention
- Demonstrate a commitment to staff skills development
- Support for newly promoted employees
- Develop a satisfactory process for self-development
- Support other training and development initiatives, e.g. reduce “leakage” from training courses
- Attract and retain top talent
True North Coaching and Consulting has a pool of approximately 15 highly qualified and respected coaches in several city centres on which we can draw to offer coaching that meets your business’s specific needs. True North Coaching and Consulting offers both individual and group coaching at three levels:
- Performance (behavioural skills)
- Developmental (developing capabilities for new and higher skills)
- Transformational (resulting in a paradigm shift at a personal level)
True North Coaching and Consulting offers both individual and group coaching in several focus areas, each of which is customised according to the client’s specific requirements: