Coach and facilitator, thinking and possibility partner, writer and speaker, adventurer and alchemist, mother, mentor and guide
Wendy is in the business of resilience and well-being.
Wendy creates learning and thinking environments for her clients to re-calibrate; to make small shifts required to thrive and evolve in times of challenge, change and uncertainty.
Wendy's vision is for a world where together we can perceive or SEE the world, ACT in the world, BE in the world, CREATE in the world, LEAD in the world in new, more powerful and more resilient ways.
Wendy has a background in law, television, education, coaching and leadership development. She has two sons who bring her enormous joy, keep her feet on the ground and her sense of humour intact.
Her clients are individuals, groups and teams, leaders and learners, executives and educators, mavericks and millennials, artists and attorneys who wish to explore and activate new ways of being and knowing.
Wendy guides her clients to listen to what they are being called to do and who they are being called to be. She co-creates powerful processes for her them to envision their highest future, tap into what is obvious and take bold and consistent action in order to achieve their desired end results.
Wendy coined the term Presilience combining Resilience + Brilliance + Presence which leads to greater Happiness and Success. Presilience is an optimal “state of being” which results in the ability to access intuition, harness innate intelligence and experience greater ease and expansiveness. The Presilience Dashboards act as a transformational listening and navigating tool.
Using this practical and powerful guidance system Wendy enables her clients, individually and in groups, to shift from a reactive orientation to a creative orientation. She provides her clients with tools and practices to re-orientate and respond - positively and realistically, with greater agility and intelligence - to both challenges and opportunities.
Wendy is passionate about developing individuals who are both resilient and revolutionary; leaders who understand that in order to re-invent their organisations they need to re-invent themselves. She helps them to remember more of who they already are. Wendy is committed to coaching her clients with “backbone and heart”. She meets her clients where they are at and helps them meet their resistance and become more aware of hidden patterns that so often sabotage success.
- LLB (Law Degree) from University of East Anglia, UK
- Certificate in Comparative Religion, University of Roehampton, UK
- Post Graduate Certificate of (Secondary School) Education, University of Brighton, UK
- Diploma in Creative Education, The Centre for Creative Education, Cape Town
- Diploma in Practitioner Coaching, The Integral Coaching Center, Cape Town
- The Foshini Group
- Old Mutual
- Global Load Control
Associations and Partnerships
The Coaching Centre and Integral Africa Institute; The Centre for Integrative Law and Women Leading in Law (WOLELA); Symphonia Leadership Development; The Global Movement Summit and CoLab; Genius U and Wealth Dynamics.
Independent Personal and Professional Development
- Toastmasters – Competent Communicator
- Leadership Maturity Framework with Dr Susanne Cook-Greuter
- Fundamentals of Team Coaching
- Flawless Consulting
- 9 Conversations of Leadership
- Working with the Enneagram
- Who is the Expert? Leadership for a Thinking Environment
- Introduction to Gestalt Theory
- World Cafe: The Art of Hosting Cafe Conversations
- Centre for Mindfulness: Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Course
- The Breakthrough Experience with Dr John Demartini
- Re-storying for Coaches, Consultants and Counsellors
- Harnessing Stress for Growth
- Embracing Anxiety Seminar
- Conscious Embodiment: Embodied Leadership
- Peter Block: Community Building
- Advanced Natural Success Training: Master Your Destiny, Alchemy for Success, Creative Warrior
Ethics and Values
Wendy has high ethical standards around the confidential and non-judgmental nature of the coaching relationship, contracting and establishing a container that is based on high levels of trust and rapport. Where an organisation is involved, this relationship extends. Coaching lies in the domain of accomplishment and mastery not therapy. In a business context coaching is not a remedial intervention and consideration should always be taken to the objectives not only of the individual coachee but of the organization as a whole.
- We are whole and do not need fixing
- We are 100% responsible for our lives
- We create according to where we choose to place our focus and how we resolve tension
- Structure has integrity
- Focus, flow and follow-through are key to creating successful end results
- We don’t see things the way they are, we see things the way we are
- Genius starts with being able to trust ourselves
Testimonials and more about Wendy Ward
Pick up Wendy’s free E-Guide: 10 Resilience and Re-calibration Keys